Re: Performance difference w/o a cat?

"New 2" Racing Dual Downpipe for Scirocco 16v
Same as above except with 2" primary pipes. This
 downpipe was designed for modified engines. Adds
 approximately 11hp."

I don't claim that it adds 11hp Chris, TT does.  It may be less, it may be more,
but my main point was (and still is) that consistent pipe diameter throughout the
sytsem will provide more torque and hp than a big ole cat chamber just 1 1/2 feet
downstream from the header (read: turbulence=bad).  The Scirocco cat is one of
the best out there, but still is no match for a non-cat dual downpipe, even if
the one i've described is for modded engines.  Get one=go faster.

jim

--
Jim Buck
1990 Passat Wagon 2.0 16v