Wrecking Yard Fun Part II

Hey guys (and girls),
     Another question: what other things should I be looking for on
this car?  Could I use the sway bars (could be aftermarket) on my Mk1?
 Does the Mk 1 have a rear bar?  Also, could I transplant the dash
without too much work (mine is all cracked up).  I have no idea why
the guy scrapped it, the odo. only shows 102,000 kms, and the damage
was fixable... wonder if he blew the motor?

==
                          Steve
                          '81 Scirocco (in process)
                          '94 Golf CL (all show, no...)