Re: 16v cams 260's vs 268's need opinions

>Hi everyone
>
>again I have some motor questions for all you 2 liter drivers.
>Recently some one posted some cam deals a company was running (thanks
>brett for passing the line)  and I was going to order them for my
>2.0 but now I don't know what to run.  I am hung up between a 268 or
>a 260.
>
>does anyone have any experience they can share.  I don't mind a rough
>idle but I need to be able to get to work in this, but I want all
>the power possible.  The car will be my summer daily driver.  It
>will have a 2008cc, ported head, fabricated 50mm manifold,  header no
>cat etc.  what I am looking for is personal  experience.  I know the
>deal about better top end weaker bottom end what I want to know is
>where do they come on how far do they rev.  Is the torque loss
>severe.  where is it the worst.  when does it come back to where
>factory torque was. anyone with any info that can help please email
>me.  I need to make the right decision.  I don't want to make a $600
>mistake
>thanks
>Tony

I'll let you know for sure how I like the 260's this spring. :)  As
for how I chose them...I thought about my driving style, and what I
wanted most out of my new motor, and what other people had to say
about various cam profiles.  After weighing all this input, clearly
I bought what I think is going to work for me.  If you don't want
to 'throw-away' money (I don't think you've wasted any money no matter
which Schrick cam set you get) and be 'dissipointed', then stay away
from the ends of the bell curve.  256's at one end, 272's at the other.
I think that we can agree that the 272 is really too much cam for
the street (and the 276's also too radical), so that leaves a
realistic streetable top cam of the 268's.  Which leaves the 260's nicely
positioned in the middle.  Re-read the article EC put together when
they put the Kent 258's in their 2L 16v cabrio...they have some good
points to make about different cam profiles.  Ultimately it's up to
you of course to justify your decision.

==Brett