Re: Mk1 Body colors, mysterious pinstriping [was: Could it be?]

---Dave Novak <toastworks@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Here's where it gets interesting. There's three stripes going around the
> car mid-door (just below the door handles), and around on the top of the
> back of the hatch. Not on the surface facing back where the fascia are,
> but rather the surface that the rear wiper is mounted to. There are
> three stripes: pink/red, black, and white/silver. Needless to say, it
> looks totally 80's, dude! ...and rather tacky... but I'm willing to
> stick with it if it was in fact a factory option. Or when I finally get
> the nerve to give her a whole paint job!
>
> So were those stripes put on at the factory?
>
> -Dave

Yes, they were factory applied.  Take a look at

http://www.ingear.net/users/phillip/sciroccomk1.html click on the 'show'
link under the 'Black' color section to see another example of these stripes.
They changed colors depending on the base color of the car.  I gave a set
(probably one of the last unapplied sets in existance) designed for a black
car to Mike Potter.

==Brett