exhausts, manifolds, etc.

Hi everybody,

It's been a while since I posted, but I need your help to fix my rapidly
disintegrating exhaust. I drive an '86 8v (JH) all stock and have been
planning on doing the exhaust after the winter, but the cosmic forces of
chaos have dictated otherwise. I have a crack and broken hanger just before
the muffler so I need to fix it up now. My plans have been to move to a 4-2
manifold, dual downpipe setup and probably 2.0" pipe. There is a slim
chance I'll move to a 2.0l engine in the next year or two, but I have no
way of knowing now. My archived messages are nudging me towards the
eurosport system, but I would like more info than my archives and their
webpage provides- so now for the questions:

Does anybody have prices on their downpipes, or what exactly a "complete"
system includes and goes for?

 I'm thinking of ditching the cat for the time being to bring the cost
down. There are no inspections in KY so it's no problem legally. Does the
eurosport come with removable test pipe in case I decide to add the cat
later?

How much of a PITA is the R+R of the complete system?

Will I need to remove other stuff, such as the throttle body, necessitating
other parts such as gaskets etc.?

I'm open to any and all exhaust related ideas, so whatever you got, throw
it at me. Oh yeah, and, anybody have some extra plastic centercaps for the
13" 7-spoke wheels they want to get rid of? I've broken 2 so far.

thanks for whatever,

scott

'86 Scirocco 8v