Re: '85 GTI motor

>Well, it's not as straight forward as I make it sound but not too hard
>either.  The CIS-E and Knock sensor systems are relatively easy to
graft
>into your existing wire harness and you can keep your existing
manifolds.

>The best way to do it is to get a VW 2.0 shortblock and put a 1.8
hydraulic
>GTI head on it This is good for 115HP Right out of the box!!!
>
>I got a really good deal on my GTi motor, trans, CIS-E and the knock
system
>so i couldn't pass it up.  I am looking for a Audi 2.0 now to take it
to the
>next level.
>
>If you have any questions about this feel free to e-mail anytime hehe
:-)

>Brian

I have an '85 Scirocco, I love the car, but there are some things to be
desired. It handles good, but it could be better, and I think I can fix
that. As far as power goes, I want more. I'm trying to figure out the
best way to do it. The kind of performance I'm looking for is midrange
pickup. Imagine driving down a two lane highway with two way traffic.
Some farmer has fired up the old Chevy. He has his wife along, and there
they are doing 45 in a 55 zone. It doesn't bother this guy that he has
about fifteen cars trailing him, he isn't going to speed up. The window
for passing is narrow, because of oncoming traffic. If your going to do
it, you better not fool around. That's where I want the power. Any ideas
for mods to acheive this would be greatly appreciated. I have many of my
own, but I've never really done anything like this to a Scirocco, only
an old Charger and Camaro, and that is an inelegant way to do it.

JS Jackson '85 Scirocco