RE: TECH-Electric Recaros Wiring?

On Friday, January 22, 1999 11:13 AM, A1SCIROCCO@aol.com
[SMTP:A1SCIROCCO@aol.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>       I bought a set of electric Recaro seats yesterday and installed
them.  I
> now want to hook up the electrical wires.  There are two wires coming out
of
> the bottom obviously they are positive and a ground wire.  Now for the
> question do the seats have some sort of mechanism on them to prevent them
from
> draining my battery.  For reference these seats were taken from a Jetta
Gli.

> Thanks for any help,   Matt
> 84 8v

There is no known way to keep these seats from draining the battery!!!
 This is called the "Jetta Only" feature as designed by Klaus vonSitz the
engineer in charge of VW electric seat division.

Apparantly Klaus added a feature that will make the seat rock gently back
and forth when the weight of the driver is removed thereby draining the
battery if installed in a non-Jetta.

:-)

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop