RE: CV joint tips and tricks needed

At 09:27 AM 1/22/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Don't bother,
>
>Just trot on down to Southern Auto or Pep Boys and buy a whole new lifetime
>guranteed halfshaft. $100 and an hour of wrenching and your dialed.

These are the ones that have remanufactured CVs right? I have had really
bad luck with remanufactured CVs. Someone(was it someone here) explained to
me that the remanufacturing involves basically hogging out the joint, and
using slightly larger balls. But the downside is that when they enlarge the
joint, they get rid of the factory hardening process, making it much more
susceptible to future damage. Which falls inline with the fact that I went
through several of these within 2 years, while the times I've used a new
OEM, they lasted much longer.

Brad