Re: Single wiper conversion

No one outnoths the noth! wrote:

> Hi kids.
>
> As we all know, my 84 has two wipers and I would much prefer the
> single wiper. Can I do this using the stock setup from an 82 or 83?
> What do I need to do?
> Thanks!
>
> (marie.)
> 84 Mars Red 8V
> "Dieter the Shiny Red Rocket"

I read somewere just recently this guy ( Oh!, it was in the current UK
based VW Power mag. ) who converted his Golf to a mono wiper setup.

He said he bought a kit or had it done, anyway it resulted in his
finding out that 5 mm of metal added to part of the wiper linkage...

Wait- VW commercial is on, just as I write this. Jetta sets the beat of
the world...  Kool.

OK, Back to typing, :)  Some extra metal welded to a stock wiper linkage
converted it to a mono setup. How this helps, being so sketchy, remains
to be seen.

There are two schools of thought on this mod; one says just remove the
other wiper and the second says get ready to weld up the old wiper holes
and cut a new one, finishing off the paint and trim accordingly.

wish you the best,
TBerk