Re: lifters..

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Kevin wrote:

> At 12:00 PM 1/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >Rather dated Kevin...as VW produced the hydrolic "Big Valve" head all by
> >themselves....
>
> 40/33 is not the big valve Mr. Collins is refering to.

Again...I refer you too my original argument, that to a daily driver,
weekend auto-xer, the lifters won't make a DAMN bit of difference.

If you were running a ITB rocco with a worked over motor with a redline of
8500...sure, THEN it would make a difference.

> >So where is this gain?
>
> In the intake port. In the lighter valve train.

I meant in numbers....

> >You EVER comapred the HP and TQ ratings of a Solid and Hydrolic JH???
>
> no. have you? I'm drawing my conclusions based on the empirical evidence
> available to me.

No, not difinative...definately going to look into it....but it is widely
accepted that a JH makes 90hp stock, weather or not if its got solid or
hydrolic...

Eric