Re: This ever happen to you?

3 words... Only in California!

> Its been a long hard day and I was just driving home from work,
minding
> my own bidnez.
> 3:35.
> Next thing I see is a big cloud of dust about a half mile ahead of me.
> Then I see Border Patrol and CHP on the side of the road just past a
> bridge. Then I get a better view of what just happened. It was a
Pursuit,
> cool! They spike striped the road and the truck stopped. He was loaded
> with illegal aliens.
>
> 3:39
> So, then about 4 miles later, I feel this nasty vibration that gets
> worse, fast! Cripes I gotta pull over, feels like I got a flat rear
tire!
> Sure enough, I get stopped and open my door, lean back and look right
> into the eye of a spike strip needle! DAMN IT! The sidewall is cut and
> separated from the bead for about 30% around the tire. Damn
sidewalls are
> pretty stiff on these 195/50's!
>
> Well, for once I have a spare in the car. That's a good thing. But,
last
> night a I did a side job on a Bug and left all my tools and jack in
the
> garage. (it was late.) DAMN IT!
>
> So I limp it another 5 miles and the further I go, the vibration gets
> worse which made me slow from 35 mph to 25 mph to 15 mph until before
> long I could only go 5 mph. Eventually I get to the exit and pull
myself
> into a 7/11 parking lot, 4:00. I have AAA!! They change tires too!
Cool!
> The sidewall is now cut and separated from the bead for about 70%
around
> the tire.
>
> So I call AAA and within 20 minutes, he's here changing my tire (Felt
> weird letting someone else change my tire.) 4:20
>

> Just as im getting ready to pull out of the parking lot, in pulls a
CHP
> officer. Pleasant fellow. Told me what I needed to do and tells me to
> follow him to the CHP office. So I do. Felt kinda right being behind
him
> for once. In the office he says im entitled to a claim on the tire
from
> CHP. Kewl. We will see what happens. I get home at 5:45. Joy.
>
> So, how was your day?

Unproductive...
==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v -Stored for winter. Blech! :p
In search for a Rabbit GTI (Given up. Lack of funds)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/scirocco2.htm
  -The nicest looking Scirocco in a 12 Kilmoter radius.-
(Actually, the only Scirocco within a 12 Kilometer radius!!)