I need help (not mental)

hey, my car is acting weird. Yesterday I was driving and everything was
fine, then at a stop sign my idle dropped to about three hundred rpm,
and acted like it was only running on two cylinders (it usauly idled
kinda high to smooth it out around 1300) anyway when the idle drops i
can floor it in neutral and the rpms only go up to about 2000. It sucks
I have no power, at times. I can drive it but sometimes I have no power
untill the rpms get higher. I raised the idle, so sometimes it idles at
2100 sometimes at 900, the problem is strange to me and not all the
time. At least 50% of the time though. I checked for vaccuum leaks, bad
plug wires (found one of each still not right) I filled up with Chevron
supreme, put in a water remover, gas conditioner nothing. Help me. Does
anyone have any sugestions? Could the valves just need to be adjusted?
if so do they come out of adjustment all at onec like that? any respones
is apreciated.
thanks, dave gray