Re: Question more to the UK members.

Hey Verne

> Hey all. I have a buddy who is likely going to England the end of
March. I
> have asked him to get me a pair of the front signals. How much can he
> expect to pay for the pair?? Are they orange like the US...or are euro
> lenses clear? All euro lenses also rounded at the corner as opposed to
> squared? Any info on them would help greatly.......maybe save him
bringing
> back the same as I have already.

Stock as far as I know, they're weren't clear. You can buy aftermarket
ones that are clear somewhere in Toronto for about $80, my VW guy told
me. If you want I can find out where. A used pair of Euro Turnsignals
probably go around $30-50 in good condition. The Us signals come stick
out a bit in the front and get squared to go on to the fender. The
Euro's are flush and curve around the fender.

Do any european Roc models have 8v
> badges?? Like the 16v but 8v.....liley not, but wondering.

I know that the Scirocco 16v in Europe was called a
Scirocco GTX

> Other than the bumpers....which he refused to take on as carry-on
(DAMN
> !!!!) are there any other visual (easily shipped,carried or
suit-cased)
> differences worth him bringing back for me?? And please don't tell
me about
> the lights...they are nice...but German are the proper pattern ones
for US
> cars.

A 50mm Euro Intake is good thing to get you're hands on, but I think
it only applies for 16v's. (Sorry Verne!!!) I think some Grill's were
different on some Euro Roc's.

Check up on it!! (Convince him to cram some bumpers in
his suitcase!!) :)

==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v -Stored for winter. Blech! :p
In search for a Rabbit GTI (Given up. Lack of funds)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/scirocco2.htm
  -The nicest looking Scirocco in a 12 Kilmoter radius.-
(Actually, the only Scirocco within a 12 Kilometer radius!!)