RE: a strange noise.

could be that.  that also causes the downpipe to hang lower and hit the
antiroll bar.  check to see if it's touching...  i got nasty vibration
from the exhaust touching the underside of the car over the rear axle.
it was really smashed up against it, so i didn't hear it vibrate back
there, i just felt the entire car vibrate.  could also be tranny problem
or CV problem, but not as likely.

chris
86 16V scirocco