Re: what we don't like on our Sciroccos

On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 08:42:48PM -0800, David Ruby wrote:

> My major dislike about the Scirocco (and mine's a Mark 2) is the maddening
> fact that the outboard air vents only supply COLD air (for some designer's
> strange reason)

See, I really like this feature. It allows my GF to ride shotgun and be
snuggly warm while I can crack my vent a little and bleed my side to a
more reasonable temperature.

> and that the defroster's virtually inadequate (particularly
> necessary when your sunroof leaks and the bilge fills with water,

I thought so at first, then I discovered the secret. Close ALL the dash
vents when running the defroster.

> As Dirk said, die Ladekante ist hoechst scheusslich, and das Radio sitzt ein
> bisschen zu tief.

Ich mag den Radio, in dem es ist.

> Stateside here, the Mk2 bumbers are obscenely huge, as well.

Hear, hear... and STILL useless against Ford Rangers.

Dan