Re: Which Exhaust?

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> I am in dire need of an exhaust system for my new motor.  Actually, I have
> no exhaust right now.  First off, can this be causing my car to idle rough
> at times, and at other times, shut off?
>
> Next on the agenda, should I install a 2.25" pipe or is it better to run a
> 2" pipe.  I need to go from the head back.  I was thinking about getting a
> Autotech header with a Dynomax muffler.  I gotta keep the cat cuz of the
> new flipping laws.  ALso , I was a low tumbling sound; nothing major, and
> nothing like a motorcycle motor.  Thanks.
>
> Sal

Remind us what size engine you have. The difference in sizes between the
two is not great but I've had the 2.25" recommended to me if I was going
with an opened up 1.8 or a 2 liter.

I'm thinking its better to have _some_ kinda exhaust than none at all.
Not sure if it's a valves will blow up type problem or not.

TBerk