Re: Oil Pan

Ian wrote:

> I'm replacing the oil pan gasket and while I have the pan off I am planning
> on painting it, there is a little rust on it that I've sanded away (well
> most of it)
>
> If anyone else has done this what kind of paint did you use?  I was thinking
> a Rustoleum primer then that rustoleum that can withstand higher
> temperatures.
> Anyone?
>
> tia
> Ian

Well, besides the paint made esp. for engines and high temps I was
lookinf at painting some of the engine components with Bar B Q paint. I
forget who but it's a national brand. ( Sorry, here I go again talking
about something buried out in the back of the '78. )

I'd be concerned about using something that would hold up to hot, hot
oil. Wouldn't want any paint chips peeling off in the block.

TBerk