Kamei front air damn mounting question

Last weekend, I acquired a Kamei front air dam.  I am going to try and
mount it this weekend, but I'm a little unsure what the best method
actually is.  I'm going to have to drill some holes along the front and
sides to mount it, but what should I do to try and prevent any future rust
from the bare metal that would be induced?  I was thinking about drilling
the holes, bolting it on, and then going around the bolts with silicon on
both sides to seal out moisture.

Anyone have any tips?

	-David LeDeaux
'80 Scirocco