Re: what we don't like on our Sciroccos

>Okay, in remembering that the Mk2 was introduced in 1982... so it was
>designed partially in the SEVENTIES...

Thats one thing that i'd say is another of my wish list items, most car
companies update their cars almost every other year (at least today), and i
mean this from a styling point of view.  Besides a few minor changes, in
85-85 or something, and then with the 16v, nothing changed, at all.  It
would have been nice if they had updated the dash, or done something a
little different, new grille, new bumpers (like they did with the golf and
jetta).  I always wonder if they had some sort of plan to update the car
with "big" bumpers or something before it died.

>Owen, the dash being dated? I'll have to disagree-- the WHOLE CAR is
>dated... but it should be- the automotive press called it "dated" when the
>16v came out in '86... it's now 12 1/2 years later! The whole car is
>completely dated!

Like i said above, thats what i'm complaining about, it wouldn't have to be
dated if they had bothered to update it.  I find the MK2 golf dash doesn't
look dated at all, and it only came out 2 years later.  I don't dislike the
dash at all, i think its really nice, but just looks a little older than it
should i think.

>Someone mentioned bad brakes? WHAT?! Drive a 16v! Where else are you gonna
>find a 2,500lb car with 4-wheel discs and a variable proportioning valve?!
>Puhleeze.  Yes, the seizing rear calipers suck ass.

Um, if he had a 16v he probably wouldn't be complaining, but he doesn't
(probably because in the UK they are realllllly rare).  A 16v and an 8v are
not the same car, so shouldn't be compared in the same way.

>A functional back seat would be nice... I had two 7 year old girls in the
>back seat who complained about the lack of room. :)

I won't ask about the two girls ;)

        end debate mode.

Owen
87 16v