Re: passat and corrado dash the same?

---Owen <rabeys@cadvision.com> wrote:

> Title says it all.  Are the dashboards from the middle aged passats and the
> Corrados the same?  I haven't had a chance to look at a passat dash up
> close, but from far away, they look similar.
>
> Owen

Shhh!  This is supposed to be a big secret to keep the price of corrado
dashes high!

Truthfully, I think they are the same.  We have a 1992 Passat 16v, and I've
seen several Corrado dashes...from memory of the Corrado dashboard, they're
the same.  I didn't actually realize it until I saw a Corrado dashboard
forsale (out of the car clearly) and I thought that is was for a Passat.
The seller clued me in that it was from a Corrado, hence the high price. :)

So, after we were done with the Passat, I was going to try and do the
transplant.  Naturally, I'd tell everyone that it was from a Corrado. :-)

==Brett