Re: US vs. EURO 1.8 16V (123hp/139hp)?????

>>>  Their leaded gas vs. our unleaded also accounts for much of the
>difference. This will change shortly though with a phaseout of leaded
fuel.

Those people with KR engines (earlier 1.8 16V) are in the shit when this
happens:  their timing is set for leaded high octane fuel and cannot be
changed without replacing the ECU with something else.  I wonder what
sales of octane boosters will be like when this happens?!

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8

majordomo@scirocco.org.