RE: Gauge swap?

The 4 door fox cluster may work in the wagon. The wire harness may not
work with the tac. I had one of the wagons and I asked
the dealer if it would work to put in a tac and we looked at the
wire diagram and found changes in the months of production.
You may be able to wire it outside the harness. You know the
clock is in the cluster on the tac version. I am sure that you can make it
all work but it may not be that ez to do.
Good luck.
Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 red 8v Scirocco "S"
90 16v Passat wagn

Message text written by "Crane, Damien"

Hey guys...

not very Roc oriented, but....

My GF has a foxwagen- the coolest (the only?) 2 door wagon around-
and the clock keeps 'falling asleep' and keeping crappy time.
She wants a tach for it, too.

The cluster looks like a Rocco or a golf, but I don't know which.

Can I simply plug in a new cluster out of a golf or Roc?  Will the
digital clock work? Will the tach work/

The fox is a strange beast, and I havent torn into the dash yet,  I'm
just kinda throwin this out to see if anybody knows...

thanks!

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com
      VW PHOTOS!     http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta uGLi, 87 Foxwagen
<