Re: US vs. EURO 1.8 16V (123hp/139hp)?????

Hello list,

yes, the Rocco had 139PS here until they put in a cat.
then it had 129PS.

shortly after VW introduced the Corrado here,
the Scirocco 16V wasn't available any more here,
only the weak 90 PS models could be bought
to avoid a rival for the Corrado in the own company.
2 years later, the Scirocco16V was available
again until production ended.

stock EUROccos never had2.0l  engines..

but old 16V's aren't really better,
the first ones had difficulties to reach the listed 139 PS.

not every Euro 16V has a 50mm manifold, in fact most of them have the small
ones.

at last, there are not many 16V's here at all.

I could need some more valves too :-)
Dirk