Re: Lightened flywheel??

---Owen <rabeys@cadvision.com> wrote:

>     Anybody out there running a lightened flywheel?  I'm thinking of doing
this before i drop the new motor in, but wanted to hear some personal
experienced before i go ahead and do it.  I also heard that it can decrease
clutch life?  Any comments on that?

>     TIA
>
> Owen

I'll let you know in a bit...  I had my machine shop/engine builder lighten
the flywheel before the whole rotating mess was sent off to the balancer
people.  If ya know what I mean.  The way it's done is to just machine off
the _whole_ weight ring.  I know it sounds extreme, but that's the same
way Velocity is doing it, and it's so simple to do that my machine shop
guys did it for nothing.  If anyone is interested, the balancing came
to $255 on top of ~$500 worth of machine work/engine assembly/etc...

==Brett