Engine swaps was: This is what i need help with!!!!

At 11:53 PM 1/12/99 EST, Widdomakr@aol.com wrote:
>i have a 77 that has no Oxygen Sensor but it has a EGR Valve. and im
putting a
>1.8L into the car. the 1.8L has a Oxygen Sensor and no EGR Valve. what do i
>do???
>use the EGR or Oxygen Sensor??
>
>Bill
>77 Scirocco

It would be great to use as much of the electronic ign. that came with the
1.8 as possible- O2 sensor, Hall sensor based Distributer & brain, etc.
Would also eliminate the need to set yer points. :)

I'm not sure if you're in Cali. or not but to keep it legal they ( the
'revanuers ) want whatever part of the car that's the newest to rule in
terms of smog stuff. In this case it's the engine.

How much do you have to work with?

It might be as simple as acting like the 1.8 is the original engine, down
to the valve cover, etc. Use all the stuff the '77 had. ( within reason.)

Send me some more details directly, I'll answer back the same way and save
the list some bandwidth.

Dr. FrankenBerk
"It's Saliva!!. it's saliva!!...."