Re: Lightened flywheel??

At 09:38 PM 1/12/99 -0700, Owen wrote:>

>    Anybody out there running a lightened flywheel?  I'm thinking of doing
this before i drop the new motor in, but wanted to hear some personal
experienced before i go ahead and do it.  I also heard that it can decrease
clutch life?  Any comments on that?

>    TIA
>
>Owen
>87 16v

As I understand it, if you have a big ol' honking tourque monster then the
additional mass of the stock flywheel is not missed as much if you lighten it.

But, if you have a relatively stock motor, esp. a 1.6 or so, then it can
benefit from the smoothness imparted from the rolling inirtia of a flywheel
with a little more meat on it.

Thats what I've been lead to belive.

TBerk