RE: Rocket Science

A-HEM! EXCUSE ME???

Puh-lease don't confuse the Fiesta with the Festiva!!! My first car was a
Fiesta. It rocked. Didn't have much power (65hp?), but when its so light 5
people can lift it without a problem, how much HP do you need? I used to
pass 4x4's on the highway in the snow...always wanted to keep it and
ralley-race it. Made in Germany from something like 77-82. Someone told me
once that Ford contracted with VW to build them. I can't substantiate this
but a friend and I did spend some time comparing Chiltons manuals with a Mk1
Rabbit...they were *awfully* similar.

I had friends with Festivas. Built in Korea by Kia in the late 80's. They
suck...not much fun to drive at all, though they weren't unreliable. I had
one hacker friend that managed to dent _every_ body panel on it in about a
dozen separate accidents, including the roof (his friend helped him roll it
back over and they drove away), and it just kept running.

Anyway, I just couldn't let someone make fun of my first love...

Neal