Re: Timing Belt interval, Coolant light

In a message dated 1/12/99 4:12:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, CAPTIANBR@aol.com
writes:

<< My odometer does not work
 so I estimate during the 4 years I put around 5,000 miles per year. Should I
 be getting worried? >>

I do mine every 2-3 years NO matter what.  I busted mine at 70k in 1992 after
only having 28k on that belt.  It was fishy to me.. but o well.  I'm putting
20-35k per year now thanks to Surfing so I'm probably going to do it again
next fall. (just did it this summer).   I'm more  paranoid than most... but my
car runs real nice!  HTH
PS- Timing it isn't really hard at all.  I just make sure nothing moves when i
take the belt off and it usually is OK.. but that's what timing lights are
for. HTH2
Dan May
8716VScirocco 95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87