Re: US vs. EURO 1.8 16V (123hp/139hp)?????

---"jason. miller" <j.miller@shaw.wave.ca> wrote:

> Yes, I'd have to agree with Owen.  I'm sure that the euro Rocco has a 50mm
> Intake manifold, cams, and lack of a cat.  I havn't ever heard of a Rocco
> coming with 2.0L stock engine anywhere.
>
> --> Jason "Honda Killer" Miller.
> 1987 16V 2.0L P&P Scirocco

I think that the odds are in favor of a Scirocco never coming with the 2L,
but I have read it in at least one place that it did come with the 2L 16v
late in 91 or 92 at it's end of life in Europe.  The place I read that in
(give whatever credence you want to it) was The Wolfsburg Journal, put out
by RoadSport America Racing in Seattle (guy named Rob).  You'll know what
I mean if you remember all the postings from the VW newsgroup a while back.

==Brett