Re: Breaking timing belt--bending valves

As far as I know, when the timing belt breaks in the 8V, there is no problems.  This is due to a lower compression ratio I believe, and the pistons do not reach high
enough to come into contact with the valves.  As for a 16V though...  different story.  Trust me, I have first hand experience.  :)

--> Jason "Honda Killer" Miller.
1987 16V 2.0L P&P Scirocco