Re: engine heating up

Yep,

	Sounds like a water pump problem.  You may need to rev up to increase
coolant flow.

	When you take off the elbow below the thermostat, you can look up in
there to see one side of the impeller.  A reminder that older VW's do
run a bit hot in stop and go.

Lloyd
85 8v Golf
86.5 16v (Just started to drive it more, and have I wasted time!)