Re: [INTERIOR][Sagging seat belts]

On Wed, 06 Jan 1999 12:39:31 -0800 Tyler Zachau <pennyz@ieway.com>
writes:
>The passenger side belt in my 88 has a real problem when it comes to
>retracting. You have to feed it back in manually which is very annoying.
Is
>there anyway to fix this so it retracts better.

All you might need to do is reset the spring in the seat belt mechanism.
When you get it out of the car, you will see what I mean.

>What's the easiest way to
>remove the back quarter pannel to acsess the seatbelt mechanism? TIA!

The easiest way is to let somebody else do it. Below that is to have a
special tool for removing interior panels.
However a decent replacement is a big wide blade screwdriver and you
"pop" the fasteners out of the body being careful not to rip the fastener
out of the panel. After a few, it will come out for you. be gentle with
it.
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and