Re: Recaro Seats

Jim, are you talkin Recaro from say a 90-92 GTi 16v, or are we talking
aftermarket Recaros?  If you are talking about GTI/GLI recaros, then no, it
will definatly give you less headroom, as the GTI seats are much taller
than the Scirocco seats, even at the lowest setting.  Ask me how i know,
its because i have them in my car, from an 87 GLI (same seats as 90-92 GTI,
just different covering).  Anyway, they are find day to day (height wise)
awesome lateral support, but when the helmet goes on, the sunroof has to
open so my head can stick out.  other than that, they are great.

If you're talkin aftermarket, then i'm sure you could get some brackets
made for the car that would lower the seating position a bit.  And, yes,
Corrado seats do fit too, and are closer to the original seat height i
think.  Meze has'em, maybe he can share with us.

	HTH
Owen
Owen
87 16v
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571

Has anyone out there installed a set of Recaro seats in their Scirocco?  I
am thinking about it.  The question is do they give you more headroom?  Can
you use the seats out of the Corrado?  If so do you gain any headroom?
With the sunroof my head sometimes hits the roof and it is getting
frustrating.
Thank you
Jim   jmikes@cyberis.net