Re: [clubgti] HELP - start / idle probs....again.....

> > > Unless someone comes up with a stunning insight, I'm going to try, as
> > was
> > > suggested by a list memeber, swapping the POS electrically operated VDO
> > > thing for the air temp actuated 8V equivalent. Whoever it was said it
> > > worked
> > > very well. Just not sure if it's related to precisely my prob. or not.
> > >
> > > Please help. This is doing my head in and spoils my enjoyment of an
> > > otherwise top motor. Also, stuck for folks to ask here in Hungary.
> > >
> > > Spoon/\
> > >
> > > 87 Golf 16V

I had similar problems, check everywhere for vacuum leaks, make sure your injector o rings are not leaking. Adjust your throttle
linkage stop screw. Take off and completely clean your throttle body. Liqui Moly makes a spray vacuum leak detector, some people
use ether or carb clean. If you have an arcing plug wire either of the second two could prove disastrous (fire hazard), also watch
where you spray it. The leak detector will make the idle drop, the other two will raise it. My injection system didn't appear to
have anything visibly wrong. I found the throttle body and air flow sensor was dirty, o rings where bad, the idle switch on the
throttle body was adjusted wrong, and the throttle linkage stop screw was way to far turned in. I also found a loose hose for the
idle speed valve. None of these problems were readily apparent as obvious as they may sound. I would take apart and
clean/adjust/inspect/tighten everything. New gaskets and o rings are cheap and can't hurt, as well as check the resting position
and centering the air flow sensor. Every cis system I've ever worked on has had at least 2 or 3 things wrong with it, 9 times out
of 10 there quick and inexpensive to fix. Good luck...

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.