Re: tranny thang

> 	well it looks like my new tranny might have the 100mm flanges.. ugh. Is
it
> easy to swap my 90mm's over? what do I have to take apart?

Have you considered buying new half shafts?  this is what I did when I put
a 9A into my 86 jetta that originally came with 90mm, but my cvs were
getting bad anyhow.

Putting the 90mm flagnes should be pretty easy.  You'll need two seal kits
and a flange installation tool.  They should just swap in.  You'll have to
remove the green tin sleeves, but there may be special ones for 90mm, I
can't remember.  Anyone?  I've never put 90mm on a box that came with
100mm, but I have put 100mm on a box that came with 90s.

HTH

> 	And the 9A has the 6 plug reverse switch w/ 4 pins in it. I got the
wiring
> harness from the donor 'rocco, now how do I hook it up to my old 2 pin
> style?

I had to mate a two pin switch to my roccos harness when I put the above
mentioned tranny in.  Just look int he bentley fro which wires are supposed
to close when the switch is closed and those tow wires of your harness to
your existing wires.  My car is in winter storage or else i could look for
you.  All the switch does is close a circuit between two orthe wires when
in reverse to turn on the lights.

HTH

later,
Greg Faust

85 Mazda RX7
86 Jetta Deluxe 2dr
87 GLi
88 Scirocco 16v - (208k miles and counting)