Re: My Scirocco: R.I.P, must read!

My opinion, fix it.  Even if you drop $3,000 into it, what else are
you going to get for $3,000?  A Yugo?

You have a lengthy list of repairs, I would go for a second opinion
from a VW Shop, Maybe Rapid Parts could suggest someone near NYC.

I am going throught the same ordeal with my '74 Chevy pickup.  Do I
drop $2,000 into it for body work and tires, or do I drop $18,000 for
a new one?  When you think about it, you'll be happier this time next
year with you re-manufactuered Scirocco the you would be buying a
Honda.

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA RE and Solo chair
78 DSP VW Scirocco- regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway(retired in 1998, but back in 99!!)
80 Scirocco-S  copper, 1.8L (running and inspected!!!)
84 Scirocco (running and inspected-needs a clutch)