RE: electrical mystery

hmmm...  that may be true.  i remember my ex's bmw 2002 wasn't charging.  i
got a new alternator and regulator.  still not charging.  then on a whim i
decided to check the little battery light on the dash.  it was burnt out.  i
put a new bulb in and everything worked.  ???  of course this car was a '75,
but maybe sciroccos are wired like this too?  i know that if the little wire
on the alt is disconnected, the batt. light on the dash won't turn on, and
it won't charge either.  so maybe disconnecting the dash also breaks that
same circuit.

chris
86 16V scirocco