Re: Fwd: (chant) Dirk! Dirk! Dirk!

>dirk, the next time you're in a wrecking yard, could you try to find
the
>insert/bulb holders for the turn signals (2)
>
>***for the turn signals, just you your existing U.S. plugs (direct fit)
or . . . is we talking for the uGLI?

>Mark Peele

My bad.
We is talkin bout the uGLI.
The euro kit replaces the 4 lights with 2 large rectangle H-4's (think
old Volvo).
the euro turn signals look similar to the us ones, but they are taller
(to match the size of the HL-lense) and have more surface facing the
front.  Eurobumpers for uGLi's don't have blinkers built in them, so the
grille signals do all the marker/blinking needed.  I'll be running euro
rabbit bumpers, so I'll still have blinkers in the bumper.

The grille turn signals (euro) have a large, 3 prong hole for the bulb
holder. I thought it was the same as the Rabbit blinkers, but the rabbit
holder is too small!  I tried it all. New/old passat, jetta, fox, golf,
whatever. I live like 1 block from a VW dealership, so they let me root
around in the back. No dice.  Its OK, I can wait.

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop