Re: Binding Main Bearings

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:26:14 EST AlexO35@aol.com writes:
>     I'm rebuilding the motor in my '86 8v for the first time.  I
replaced the
>main bearings with new ones, reinstalled the crank, and now it binds.
>Any suggestions on how to free it?
>--Alex
>-'86 Scirocco 8v

If you used assembly lube AND you replaced it with the right size
bearing, it shouldnt bind at all. Better check the old bearing to find
out what size it was and then compare it to the bearing you have in there
now.
On the bearing half, it will have the size and part number etched on the
underside near the tang.
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and