Re: Anit-Car Jacking Devices

Mark Peele wrote:

> >The idea is to have some delay built in, that way they get the car, you
> >get away, the car dies a mile down the road and they bail out. Or get
> >caught.
> >
> >Some kind of pull out pin on a lanyard would be great. You stick your
> >finger in it as you exit and it starts a count down timer that disables
> >the fuel pump after 1-2 mins.
> >
> >TBerk
>
> If anyone has the "how-to" on this, I would greatly apprciate it! I have
> a kill switch for the fuel pump hidden somewhere for when I'm not in the
> car, but it'd be great to just say "yeah sure, take the car" and have
> the car cut out 180 seconds later . . .
>
> Mark

We _know_ this can be done.  (Queue Mission to the Moon music)

Stock VW (Bosch) parts come with timing relays and such.

Design requirements would need to include;

- OEM components as much as possible. Adds reliability, low to no cost,
and reliability.

- Stealth 'nail' to pull from socket. Location would perhaps be under
dash or driver's door or door sill. Remove as you exit to activate timer
circuit. Should be some surface that you would normally contact to pull
yourself from vehicle. Yank it and drop it on the ground as you walk
away.

- Disconnect of fuel pump I'd think. This could be done by interrupting
the coil trigger or the pump current directly. Study of schematic would
harden system to prevent jumpering relay as a solution. (Dastardly thief
may know VWs) [Dark side of the Force]

- Switch located in engine bay would serve to deactivate circuit.
Encased in weather proof enclosure, it would server to restore stock
operation; valet mode for times when it's in the shop, and if the device
malfunctions you can defeat it to get home. Last thing we want is a
Frankenstien monster turning on us.

Time to deactivate would be based on active engine running time, not
just a count down.

This may be more than the general list wants to get into, I invite
interested parties to contact me directly to kick this thing around.

TBerk