Score!

This is too good, I had to share...

Last weekend I towed home an '85 Scirocco with a blown transmission.
(Yes, in addition to picking up an '81 Scirocco)  I could not pass up
the deal as it came with two sets of rims (stock 13" and gti rims),
Nuespeed springs, early Scirocco exhaust manifold with brand new cat
back exhaust, short shift, and 3 gauge panel.  Not to mention the
interior is nearly perfect (no rips in the driver's seat!) and the body
appears to be straight - no major wrecks, all original paint.  (Some of
the clearcoat is coming off)  All this for - are you ready?  $200.

So I check things out further.  The car sat for two months - I turned
the key, and it started right up.  Hmmm...   more investigating...   put
it in gear, let out the clutch, and of course not much happened.
However, it did not appear to be the transmission, but merely the inner
passenger side CV joint!  So...   off of the parts car came the
passenger side drive axle, into the "new" car, and bingo - instantly
driveable '85 Scirocco!  Woo hoo!!!

The car is not without it's flaws, but all of them so far appear to be
pretty minor / easily fixable.  (I think the worst is the front struts
are SHOT)  Needless to say, I'm one happy 'rocco nut right now though!

Daun
now with waaaay too many 'roccos for his own good!