Re: [Tech,Electric] Fusebox definition!

In message <36CC8EFB.9FFC8AD8@mindspring.com>, T Berk
<tberk@mindspring.com> writes
>Lauri Pettai wrote:
>>
>> Hey, many of you have got this and that manual, could somebody help me with
>> fuseboxes fuses meanings eg. : First fuse is for break lights, Second fuse
>> is for something else, Third fuse is there for an unknown reason, and so
>> on...
>>
>> It very fustrating for me to recheck all fuses when something dies in my
>> electrical system, so is there someone with the right manual?
>>
>> My car is European '84 SII GTX 8v (Not GTI like i have been telling you all
>> the time! :) ). Do I need to give you VIN also or what?
>>
>> Lauri!
>> '84 Scirocco GTX(I)?! Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
>> http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
>> I finally added nothing new to my site!
>

>84 Scirocco from the Red Bentley. May be specific to US or North
>American models.
>

>1.  30A   Radiator Fan
>
>2.  10A   Stop Lights
>
>3.  15A   Cig Lighter, Radio, clock, Int lights, Central Locking.
>
>4.  15A   Emergency Flashers
>
>5.  15A   Electrical Fuel Pump
>
>6.  xxx   Vacant (empty)
>
>7.  10A   Tail, Parking, Side Marker Lights - Left
>
>8.  10A   Tail, Parking, Side Marker Lights - Right
>
>9.  10A   High Beam Right, H. beam indicator light
>
>10. 10A   High Beam Left
>
>11. 15A   Windshield Wiper/ Washer
>
>12. 15A   Rear window Wiper/ Washer, coolant level
>
>13. 15A   Rear window defogger, Heated Rear View Mirror.
>
>14. 20A   Fresh Air Fan, A/C (factory installed)
>
>15. 10A   Back-up Lights, shift console light (auto tranny)
>
>16. 15A   Horn
>
>17. xxx   vacant (empty)
>
>18. 10A   Throttle Switch
>
>19. 10A   Turn Signals
>
>20. 10A   License Plate Lights, Glove Box Light.
>
>21. 10A   Low Beam - Left
>
>22. 10A   Low Beam - Right
>
>  Separate Fuse above fuse panel:
>
>    30A   Power Windows
>

>hth,
>TBerk
>
>--

UK spec Mk 2`s agree with N.American models with a few exceptions :-

6.  10A or 15A   Foglights (Main Current)
11. 15A          Windscreen wipers/washers and headlamp washers
12. 15A          Rear wiper/washer,seat heater and outside mirror
                 adjuster
14. 15A or 20A   Blower motor and glovebox light
16. 10A or 15A   Horn (single)
17. 10A          Carburettor auto-choke and idle cut off valve,electric
                 manifold heating
18. 10A or 15A   Horn (dual),Brake warning lamp,coolant level,headlamp
                 washer,front seat heating (As applicable)
20. 10A          Number plate light,foglights (switch current)

Separate fuses:-
    10A    Rear foglight
    30A    Air Conditioner
    10A    Electric seat height adjuster

*note:- these cover the CL,GL,GTI,GT,GTL,GTX,GTS,Storm and Scala
        but not the GTX 16V
hth,
Andy 89 1.8GT
--