Diagrams for switched low beams.

I have scanned a few diagrams to illustrate how to setup the low beams
to come on with the high beams.  This first URL is from a 85-86 Scirocco
used on both the 8v and the 16v .  This setup was the same for the 87-88
(8v & 16v) cars as well.  From what I can see, starting in 77, Sciroccos
(as well as some other VWs) used this type of scheme for the headlight
dimmer switch, same numbers, same colors...

 http://effervescent.com/andre/Bentley%20Diagram.jpg

  Next is my attempt at a schematic showing where to put the toggle
switch, with fuse.

 http://effervescent.com/andre/Diagram.jpg

  In my case I just used a jumper wire instead of fuse & switch and I
tie wrapped it to the other wires so it wouldn't fall off (Permanent low
beams when the headlight switch is in the on position regardless of the
dimmer switch position).

  Using the fuse/toggle method will enable you to turn your lows on with
the highbeams.  Also, it wont affect the highbeams if you are on
lowbeam.  Thats how it is done kiddies!  Wonder if this horse is dead
yet?  =p

  BTW, I only recommend doing this if you have relays, otherwise you
will shorten the life of your headlight switch.