Re: scirocco-l@scirocco.org

>Hi, Ive just brought a 1986 scirocco GT with a weber carb and filter
>fitted. The cars been running great up until a few weeks ago when it
got
>really cold. It starts to judder when its warming up. Does anyone know
>if this is due to the carb and filter.
>--
>--
>Andrew Rowley

Welcome to the list! As all U.S. Sciroccos were fuel injected except for
1975 and early 1976 models, not many of us on this side have experience
with carbs. However, I had a 1975 Scirocco with a Weber carbs until
about 1984, and I believe there was some sort of coil that was supposed
to expand and contract to compensate for colder temps.

I know this is a low tech answer, but the carb may be the prob.
Fortunately for you, there are a fair number of U.K. listers that'll
probably have a more concrete answer for you.

Cheers!

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco