Re: Peculiar starting problem

Well, I studied Vapor Lock a little bit before buying the latest "project"
in my possession and I find it hard to believe that this car would have
vapor lock.
in fact I find it hard to believe ANY watercooled VW would have vapor lock..
not saying it isn't just saying its extremeley unlikely.. especially in this
season.. WINTER.

vapor lock usually occurs when the fuel "vaporizes" and the pump can't pump
it.
but since the pump is under the car and in the gas tank...  which is also
cooled by
a neverending circulation of fuel.. its very very hard to imagine vapor
lock.

I would guess his cold start valve might be flooding his motor.  Works great
at
startup.. but perhaps his "fifth" injector might be on ALL the time and
causing
him to flood a little at startup at warm engine temps.??  dunno *shrug*

could be just about anything.. but dunno. just my guess.

mark madison