Re: GTI For Sale

> The guy comes outside, and starts talking about his car.  He has an accent,
> reminding me of the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld.  I popped the hood, and to
> my surprise, the car is a normal 8v GTI!!!  The guy hands me the key, and I
> ask him about the paper saying that the car is a 16v.  "But it is 16v!" he
> says.  I show him under the hood.  He says "It is GTI, 16 valve!  You drive
> it, and you will see that it is a 16v."  "Not all GTI's were 16v" I
> explain.  He then gets out the owners manual and tries to show me that it
> is a 16v.  "I'm sorry, not interested!"  I tell him, and give him back the
> key.  Damn!  That car wasn't even worth half what he was asking.  And
> definately not what I was looking for.
>
> Man I hate assholes like that!

Reminds me of the time I went to look at a rabbit with a friend, he needed a cheap car to get him by while he was searching for the
perfect corrado. After driving out to the middle of nowhere this loser tried to sell us a rusted out beat to shit rabbit for $950,
I've seen them in far better shape for less than half that. This guy wouldn't stop arguing about what a good deal it was. This
moron (yuppie) charged a bunch of parts on his credit card he though the car needed because of this, the car went from a $100 rust
bucket to a $950 gem, some people.. Reminds me of this other guy who sells vw's in lake Steven's, WA, he has a habit of un hooking
vacuum hoses and spray painting everything under the hood black. I looked at one car that had an air filter sitting on the carb,
and the exhaust turned the ground black. Watch out for these people, I've found even if the have a decent deal they usually loose
the title, or jerk you around or are up to something.. Just not worth the headache if you ask me, there are to many honest cool
fellow vw er's out there, why deal with these people.. I do understand they often sound cool on the phone, I've just got in the
habit of asking several questions before I drive somewhere, and if I smell bullshit I just pack up and leave..

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.