Re: [tech] Power Distribution Under Hood

Riley McDowall wrote:

> How about getting a new set of battery terminals?  You could look into
> getting ones designed for car audio... mine are Phoenix Gold, and have 2
> bare-wire 8ga terminals and a large bolt on the top for ring terminals.  I
> have a LOT of shit coming off my battery terminals but it still looks very
> neat and tidy.  Or you could get some OE terminals from an A3.  At least I
> think that's where they come from - they'll accept one bare-wire 4ga cable
> and also have 4 separate studs on them that will accept small ring
> terminals.

I had thought of that.  But I have already wired my alternator to starter and
starter to battery wires with 0 gauge cables.  And I don't think that its
going to be easy to rip it apart and install it in a new terminal.  The upside
of this is that I don't worry about getting power from the alternator now.

Sean Martin
87 8V