Re: EIP's new 16v turbo...

"Holland J. Phillips" wrote:

> Anybody have any inside info on who is making the cast iron manifolds and
> stainless flex pipes?  The turbo and intercooler would be easily duplicated,
> but castings, and custom stainless stuff is a bit harder.
> I'm willing to be the guinea pig, and offer the pieces for duplication.  I
> just need some financial assistance.:-)
> I'd be happy with 275-300 HP in my 16V.  400 is a little much for daily
> consumption, unless you go with an X-Trac 6 speed, custom half shafts, multi
> disk carbon fiber clutch, etc.  Not to mention the bottom end work that you
> would need to keep it from becoming a hand grenade - custom forged crank,
> titanium rods, custom pistons/wrist pins, so on and so forth.
> --

If you look in the front of the techtonics catalog they make some pretty amazing claims about the bottom end of vw motors. I know
the 1.7 had a bad rep but for the most part there supposed to be pretty beefy.. I'm not saying it could take 400 hp with no
problems for sure, but who knows... It seems someone could drop the boost down a little if they where worried about it. Myself, I
could tolerate breaking parts and eating frozen burritos to be able to buy new tires every other week!! 400 hp sounds like a good
start to me, always room for more though.. I do however think I'd be for re enforcing the chassis a little!!

BTW: I hate frozen burritos, 400 hp makes me drool!! :-)

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.