oxs&more&more&relections on VW

Thank you all for responding about my questions about the oxs sensor. I
am going to replace the sensor because it could probably do my car good.
Now i have looked and located where i have to install it. Mine is
located on the the exhaust manifold. What is the best way  of getting to
it? It seems a pretty tight  spot between where it is and the fire wall.
What kind of tool would best get the old sensor out and the new one in?
Backgroud...
I just bought the car two months ago for $800 it's a 85 wolfsburg (white
package-white mag wheels(ugh!) white vinyl interior (torn to bitts) and
white bumpers(scrached to hell) pwr windows, locks, A/c etc)and it has
130k miles and all i have to say is i love it!!!! And i will keep it
forever. This is my second VW at 18. My first VW was a 86 Quatum until
last year where a ford 250 with out its lights at night, T-bones my my
vehicle going 40 mph (honest). my two passagers received the full impact
and the mighty quantum did several 360's. The cars was totaled but
luckly we all walked away unhurt. i bought the car because i though it
was safe and it was. it saved my friends lives. Needless to say i love
VW's  there  are sturdy safe vehicle's, if i were in some cheap jap
crap, i and my friends would be dead.Well let me go on, After many
months of not driving( I was pretty shook up by the event) i found this
scirocco, i didnt know much about scirocco's at first but after many
hours of research @ the local library i decided to plunge my saved up
money into bying the car i now own. I do not regrett my decision. I love
how the car handles. I prefer its driving characteristics better than a
Passat and the new beetle ( which i think drives very clumesly) i know
how to appreciate this vehicle, it actually inspired me to get to know
cars. OK  lets get past the emotional stuff now. I was replacing the
thermoswich in the radiator when i noticed the radiator fluid was the
color of blood. I know the radiator was replaced 1 year ago by the
previous owner ( side track- the previous owner kept all maintenence
records since the car  was new and passed it on to me- in a 3 ring
binder( this guy was  anal! and did all the work himself)). So why is
the radiator fluid red? I added some full strength radiotor(1/3 gallon)
fluid to make up fo the fluid lost when replacing the switch. the car
now runs cooller (about 100 c) which i like 'cause in city traffic i
dont have to worry about over heating.. But the fluid is still Blood
Red. Is my rocco a vampire? Another thing i am going to take the advise
of replacing the vacuum hoses. I havent done this before; any tips?(will
replacing the vacuum tubes help acceleration and keep my idle from
studdering when i turn the wheel?) Oh, and  my heater controls seem to
hiss at me and spit out black flakes out the vents; any way to fix this?
( its raining black gravel in my car!)There also is a weird  aluminum
accordian 2in.wide x 2 ft long tube that seems to begin somewhere near
the radiator  and hang over the transmision open ended( not connected to
anything), like an intake for something , What is it? It doesnt match
anything else in the engine. Is it  Some government survellence thingy?
Well i am going to be throwing out some more questions later (
especially body work- I have developed rust aound the fenders) But i am
finished for now.

-Tom
'85 8v Wolfsburg-(Alpine Tripple White)