Re: [Funky tech] Lighting: 5th relay?

Andre' Bjorkheim wrote:

> Rather than putting in a relay, why not just have the lows on with
> the highs at all times?  Thatsa what Ia doa!  I know with my Mk1, I can
> simply put a jumper wire into the wire loom that goes into the highbeam
> flasher switch on the steerin column (cant remember the wires I jumpered
> offhand, but I can dig itup if any Mk1 owners want it.)  Not sure about
> the Mk2 cars cuz you cant hold back the switch and get both highs and
> lows, but I would think you could put a jumper in there somewhere.  I

Not to split hairs Andre, but I can hold the stalk back and get both low and
high beams on mk Mk2.  Perhaps there is an easy way to wire the column in
the Mk2's as well.

And while we are on the subject of lights, I put in higher wattage bulbs for
the rear parking lamps.  Man, what a difference in preformance.  I think it
adds at least .5hp from the extra photons given off.....:)   It does look a
little brighter at night though, a little more visible.  Still working on
getting those rear fog light locations to work.

Sean Martin.
87 8V